5/26/14

Pineapple! and I aint no square!

 
PINEAPPLE!!! We all have heard this word or have seen this sweet, juicy, and delicious Pineapple. But what's great about it is pineapples are some of the most popular tropical fruits in the world, More importantly, they are very healthy and nutritious and why not benefits from natures gifts that ORGANICS can make us healthy and free of harsh chemicals and preservatives we may come across when buying canned and frozen fruits..

Recently me and my family took a road trip and decided to drive through the coast area of my state which is in Cabo Rojo,Puerto Rico.

As we drive by.I see an old stand with a teenager selling fruits and Beach Towel's. I had to stop and buy soe pineapples, I got me a few pineapples and continued are venture back home. I just couldn't wait to get back home and try the pineapples!

Pineapples are also very nutritious for us It's is no wonder many people who want to have a healthy lifestyle include these fruits in their diets.

On my way home I took it upon to search the internet of the benefits of eating Pineapples and I was amazed on the benefits you can have by eating this yummy fruit! Just take a look at the image below:

(source at stylecraze.com)





Pineapples are not only delicious but nutrious! just look at some of the benefits you get from eating pineapples:

1.Vitamins and Minerals,Pineapples are loaded with vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium.

2. Prevents Cough and Colds with its great source of Vitamin C, That fight off viruses that cause cough and cold and suppressing coughs and loosening mucus.

3. Strengthens Bones because it contain manganese, a mineral that your body needs to build bones and connective tissues.

4. Keeps Gums Healthy by strengthen your gums that will help keep your teeth healthy and strong.

5. Lowers Risk of Macular Degeneration which contains beta carotene that is good for our sense of sight.

6. Alleviates Arthritis: Anti-inflammatory qualities, alleviate the pain of arthritis and improve other similar conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome and gout.

7. Improves Digestion: Pineapples has protein-digesting properties(bromelain) which work to neutralize acidic fluids in your stomach and helps regulate the secretions in the pancreas to aid in digestion.

8. Prevents Hypertension: Higher amounts of potassium and lower amounts of sodium in pineapples help maintain normal blood pressure levels.
                                                                                         [Read: Health Benefits Of Pineapples]


At home I washed the pineapple sliced it and shared the slices with my family it was DELICIOUS!!
The pineapple with easy to slice even thou you see it has a thorny outer layer but its simple to prep and you can try many great smoothies, and even bake some yummy Pineapple treats!
We all know "We Are What We Eat" right? so why not get educated on the things we bring to the table? I know I will enjoy my pineapple with may family and I will also incorporated in our diet for now on, and I'd love to try growing pineapples in my back yard! :)

But WAIT!! check out my next treat I'll be incorporating PINEAPPLE with I will be creating this yummy recipe I saw online for hamburgers that I can use some pineapple on, here I share the recipe called Aloha Burgers that I found at TasteOfHome.com. Enjoy!


 photo 905e3bc4-b3fb-4bb8-ac9a-8a5f8d0c977f_zpsc63a7330.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *