2/9/14

Simply Hummus Recipie

Simply Hummus!


Ingredients
1 Can chickpeas, rinsed
1 teaspoon of Garlic (add more if desired)
3 tablespoon of olive oil, (plus more for serving)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

(Optional) Additional Ingredients if deserved:

2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste; optional)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
 Pinch of kosher salt (desired taste)
1/4 teaspoon paprika



Directions
In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice,  (if using) until smooth and creamy. 
Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency.. I like it pasty. so I don't add water.
Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the a lil paprika before serving.


In this Hummus I made for my daughter so she requested to be as simple and natural to taste as possible, That's why I didn't add the Optional or additional ingredients that its a custom to be part of the Hummus. 
As you can see you can create this Hummus with or with out all ingredients.

I use my simply Hummus on whole wheat pita, with vegetables, and stuffed into romaine lettuce heart leaves.

Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and can be kept in the freezer for up to one month. Add a little olive oil if it appears to be too dry.

Stay tuned for my next recipe, Won Ton Stuffed with Hummus and Spinach!

Enjoy!

 photo f50d146b-94d6-4326-ac2a-0bd1fdb53f61_zps127fb989.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *